Can I have my child car seat installed properly by a police officer?

Yes.  You may contact Sergeant Pinter with the Orange Park Police Department at 904-264-5555 or JPinter@townop.com to set up an appointment.  

Who do I call about a street light out within the Town Limits?

Contact JEA at (904) 665-6000 to report a street light out.

How do I register for driving school?

Contact the Clay County Clerk of the Court by phone at (904) 269-6317 or visit them on the web at Clay County Clerks Office

Where can I pay a moving violation ticket?

If it is a parking ticket from the Town of Orange Park contact the Orange Park Police Department at (904) 264-9565. For other tickets from Clay County Sheriff or Florida Highway Patrol, contact the Clay County Clerk of the Court by phone at (904) 269-6317 or visit them on the web atClay County Clerk's Office

Where can I get a copy of my driving record?

Contact the Clay County Clerk of the Court by phone at (904) 269-6317 or visit them on the web at the Clay County Clerks Office

Who do I call about automobile tag and registration?

Call the Clay County switchboard at (904) 269-6300

What can I do about stray dogs and cats and barking dogs?

Inside town limits, contact animal control at (904) 264-2635. If you are outside town limits, call Clay County Animal Control, (904) 269-6342

My family and I are going on vacation. Can the police keep an eye on our home while we are gone?

You can stop by 2025 Smith Street and request a "House Watch". and we will pass the information on to the officer that patrols your neighborhood at night. While we cannot "watch" your house, the officer will try to check on it each night. Sorry We DO NOT accept the request by emails...

Where can I renew or obtain a driver’s license?

Contact the Drivers License Office at (904) 213-3061 address : 868 Blanding Blvd Orange Park, Fl 32073

Can I obtain driver’s license information?

Driver's license information is available from the Division of Motor Vehicles. The Orange Park Police Department does not provide that information to the public.

I need to get a message to someone that does not have a telephone. Can the Sheriff’s office go to the person’s home and deliver the message?

The Police Department can only deliver emergency, life or death, messages.

I do not have any transportation and have to get somewhere. Can a police officer give me a ride?

Police officers cannot provide rides.

Can I make a police report at any time of day and do I need to make an appointment?

The Police Department will respond 24 hours a day, seven days a week to any requests for police assistance

Is there a waiting period before I can report someone missing?

No, you may make a missing person report whenever you realize someone is missing.

My friend or relative is overdue returning home. How can I find out if they were in a traffic accident?

The Police Department dispatch center does not have the names of persons involved in accidents available until later when accident reports are turned in. If a person is injured in an accident and unable to call themselves, we will notify their family.

Someone has abandoned a junk car in my parking lot or on my property. Can the police tow it away for me?

The police can only tow away vehicles abandoned on public property. Call a wrecker service in your area and the vehicle will be towed away at no cost to you. The wrecker service will notify the Police Department once they have the vehicle to determine ownership.

Should I report suspicious activity in my neighborhood?

The Police Department depends on citizens calling to report crimes or suspicious activity. The receiving officer who takes your call will ask questions about the activity to determine its nature and ask for descriptions of the people involved. You will be asked for your name and address but you may refuse this information and we will still respond to the report.

How can I evict someone from my property?

Eviction is a legal process that often times requires a court order. Call the Civil process office at 264-6512 for more information.

Are police reports available over the internet?


Can you tell me if someone is in jail?

No. The Clay County Jail is run by the Clay County Sheriff's Office. After we arrest someone, they are held for a brief period of time and then transported to the Clay County Jail. They are booked in the jail, the Sheriff's Office is responsible for tracking information about that person. To find out if someone is in jail or what their bond is, call the jail at (904) 264-6512.

Can you tell me if there’s a warrant out for my arrest?

No. The Clay County Sheriff's Office is responsible for keeping all warrants, regardless of which agency requested the warrant. To contact the Sheriff's Office, call (904) 264-6512

How do I obtain a clearance letter or local background check?

A clearance letter is basically a background check. It is sometimes referred to as a letter of good conduct. It can be done at any CLAY COUNTY SHERIFF substation . The full name, date of birth, race, sex, and social security number of the persons who needs the clearance must be provided. The charge is $5 (cash, money order or company check only). A letter will be provided stating either "no local record" or "record." If the subject has a local record, a printout of the arrest history will be attached.

I received a call from a company claiming I had won a trip, but in order to claim my prize, I have to give them my bank account number, social security number, credit card number or some money. What should I do? Is this a scam?

The best rule of thumb is that if something sounds too good to be true, it is. And if you feel at all uneasy, there's probably a good reason for that. You should never have to divulge personal information to receive a prize. And it's always best to get information in writing, rather than over the telephone. If you do talk to someone on the phone, get their full name, the name of the company and phone number. Then you can call back to verify it is a legitimate company. If they won't give you a name and number, chances are it is not legitimate.

I have had several phone calls from people representing themselves as police officers and asking for donations. Are these police officers and what is the money used for?

Town Of Orange Park police officers do not solicit money for the department. Police officers never make solicitations over the telephone. There are some law enforcement-related agencies such as the Fraternal Order of Police that solicit donations, but they are not police officers nor does the money directly benefit local law enforcement. However, some of the money does help support the sponsorship of legislation concerning law enforcement.

If the organization is legitimate, they will give you this information and then you can decide whether you want to make a donation. It's also a good idea to ask for a financial statement or budget before making a decision about whether to donate to the organization.


How can I get fingerprinted?

We do not provide this service, however you can check with the following: Clay County Sheriff's Department: 901 N. Orange - Green Cove Springs, FL  (904) 284-7575 Jacksonville Sheriff's Department: 501 E. Bay St - Jacksonville, FL  (904) 630-7600

How do I obtain a police report?

Police reports can be obtained at the front desk Mon-Fri, 9:00 A.M.- 4:00 P.M., or by mail by sending a self-addressed envelope and proper payment. A charge of .15 cent per page is assessed for case report and a Crash reports are $10 . MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO : Town Of Orange Park

Where is your department located?

Our police station is at 2025 Smith Street in Orange Park, Florida. Telephone number is (904) 264-5555.

What is the weather like in Orange Park?